JOB CAN BE LOCATED in Sioux Falls or Hill City
SUMMARY: The data analyst will be responsible for importing, transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data in order to drive decision-making within the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Assists with financial reporting, budget updates and key performance indicators (KPI).
- Provide analyses of and insight into data relationships for sales, marketing, finance, or any other company purpose.
- Create, maintain and troubleshoot visual dashboards and reports dashboards in Tableau, Excel, and NAV (ERP)
- Utilizing online training tools, become proficient in Tableau Desktop and Tableau Sever.
- Obtain Tableau desktop and server qualified associate certification within one year and obtain Tableau desktop and server professional certification within two years of start date.
- Assist finance department with cash control and inventory procedures
- Perform ad hoc data extraction and manipulation for sales, marketing, finance or any other company purpose.
- Align sales, customer, and other data in various systems, including (but not limited to) RMS (POS), Bloyal (Ecommerce), NAV (Finance), Google Analytics, and other manual systems.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data by reviewing raw data, reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Facilitate communication and troubleshoot database breakdowns
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst preferred but not necessary
- Experience in relational database design, programming, and implementation using SQL or other ODBC-compliant tools preferred
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Tableau, R, Python, etc) preferred
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong people person – needs to have strong interaction with staffing.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to motivate.
- Self-starter, self- motivated and the ability to deal with change in a positive way.
- Strong computer skills with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Inventory programs and retail point-of-sale applications.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times.