SUMMARY: The primary focus of this Associate is to share Prairie Berry wine, knowledge and history with guests at Prairie Berry. This involves quickly absorbing a great deal of information and being able to relevantly relate it to each guest. Associates are responsible for creating a positive experience for every guest they encounter. Teamwork, a sense of humor, a strong work ethic and a true enjoyment of both wine and people are vital for success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working weekends and evenings
- Providing the first line of information to the customer by greeting, directing, and answering questions regarding our wines, beer, food merchandise, history, and facility
- Serving our products, along with providing appropriate information concerning the products, to customers in both individual and group settings
- Lead by example in a positive manner
- Ensuring inventory is adequately stocked in the Retail Area
- Stocking and pricing merchandise
- Handling routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales (we have two systems for our sales)
- Performing facility housekeeping on a regular basis, including dusting, mopping, etc.
- Serving and attending to guests during Prairie Berry-sponsored events, on and off-site
- Providing assistance to guests carrying out purchases, as required
- Attending scheduled training classes and seminars
- Completing duties from opening and closing checklists
- Expanding product education and knowledge
- Assist with keeping product displays clean and organized
- Make eye contact and greet guests enthusiastically
- Complete Training Passport within the stated timeframes
- Follow sanitation, assembling and serving procedures when preparing, sampling or demonstrating food and/or merchandise
- Assist guests when on the retail floor and provide exemplary customer service
- Actively participate in sales-based games and promotions
- Finding work to do when business is slow
- Willing to work in other Prairie Berry departments or on special projects
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Willing to work all areas of the floor including greeting guests, serving food and drinks, bussing tables, etc.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Has at least one year of related experience to include fulfillment, sales, and/or customer service
- Is at least 21 years of age
- Has a reputation for providing great service to guests and co-workers
- Can handle multiple tasks at one time
- Has good problem-solving skills
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Is detail-oriented
- Communicates professionally in person and on the phone
- Is able to lead by example
- Is passionate about selling great food and wine and providing great service
- Is self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly accurate, organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and respond appropriately
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s policies
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as well as flexibility in scheduling to ensure business-staffing needs are met
- Ability to sell our product and offerings with a personal touch
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. frequently
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to learn multiple operating systems for handling sales (RMS vs FPOS)
- Likes to have fun at work
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times.