SUMMARY: The Shift Lead assists the Sr. Shift Leads with overseeing the Front of House and everything associated with it. There are a lot of responsibilities and a lot of rewards associated with this job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Be the champion of customer service and staff education; ensure all Associates communicate in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner that is accurate and consistent with the mission and vision of Prairie Berry LLC. 10%
- Responsible for opening and/or closing the facility; ensuring all items on the opening and closing checklist are followed through on.10%
- Be the front-of-house leader ensuring staff get breaks, customer service complaints get resolved and the staffing structure is utilized. 10%
- Ensure front-of-house is clean, neat, and stocked at all times; ensure that displays are attractive and maintained. 5%
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; Assign duties and monitor quality of work; assure staff adheres to organizational policies.10%
- Promote the sale of wine, beer, food and merchandise products and ensure that Associates are trained to identify and pursue sales opportunities presented by contact with guests.10%
- Stays up-to-date on company happenings via email, Basecamp and Huddle. 5%
- Helps assist the Sr. Leads to implement sales games, customer service initiatives and monitor appropriate tactics tied to both. 5%
- Utilize cash register and Point of Sales (POS) system to transact sales and reconcile daily sales and posts transactions. 5%
- Assist in the training of seasonal and part time staff on policies and procedures, effectively communicate changes and ensure compliance. 5%
- Assist with Daily Mull-its (pre-staff meetings) with enthusiasm and positivity. 5%
- With the assistance from the Sr. Leads, assure all Associates conduct themselves in a professional manner and extend every courtesy and service to visitors, and all Associates are thoroughly versed in the products as well. 10%
- Assist with staff meetings with enthusiasm and positivity. 5%
- Keep up-to-date on overall activities of the department and division, identify problem areas and take corrective action under the direction of the Manager. 2.5%
- Help deliver New Hire Orientation (NHO) to new employees. 2.5%
- All other duties as assigned.
SHIFT LEAD: Serve as Shift Lead per published schedule and ensure effective and efficient operations of the facility at all times
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of one year related retail or hospitality service and sales experience.
- Proven track record of excellent customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and retail point-of-sale applications.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Knowledge of advanced retail sales practices and principles, which include the following: personnel scheduling, payroll, budgeting, sales forecasting, legal compliance, inventory control, etc.
- Wine and beer knowledge and appreciation are a must for this position.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, holidays, opening and closing shifts, and weekends as required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times.