SUMMARY: The Accounting Associate I is responsible for routine accounting duties for the Hill City (HC) campus and Prairie Berry East Bank (PBEB) in Sioux Falls, as well as inventory management, product release, and Point of Sales (POS) duties for the entire organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Accounts Payable (35%):
- Processes all accounts payable and reconciling payments
- Processes weekly check run
- Reconciles all credit card accounts
- Manages and reconciles Petty Cash
General Ledger & Financial Reporting (15%):
- Posts all deposits
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts monthly
- Manages aspects of the general ledger
- Assists with preparation of financial statements
- Maintains updates and trains on Chart of Accounts (COA) manual
- Processes companywide payroll
- Creates and maintains budget templates and metrics
- Maintains budget workflows and reports
- Assists with building and maintaining reports for management
- Assists with other aspects of company budget process
Point of Sale & Inventory Management (15%)
- Assists with wine and beer releases, including item maintenance and inventory update functions
- Streamlines POS maintenance and development between locations
- Participates in the product transfer process between locations; working with stakeholders at PBEB.
- Reconciles and Oversees Beer Inventory for HC
- Trains staff on physical beer inventory procedures
- Assists with wine inventory for HC
- Reconciles and maintains inventory pick tickets for HC
- Computes and submits monthly sales and use tax
- Preparing 1099’s
Other Duties (10%)
- Retrieves, opens, sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence
- Establish new vendor accounts
- Assists with processing of accounts receivable
- Gathers and prepares necessary documents for yearly audit
- Addresses manager and full time staff questions and provides information and/or explanations as needed
- Ensures that transactions are recorded timely and accurately and continually seeks ways to make processes more efficient
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal controls and standard operating procedures
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree in Financial Accounting (or equivalent) from a credible college or university
- One to three years accounting work experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with computerized accounting software and systems required
- Possess excellent understanding of computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail, and Phone Systems, as well as knowledge of general accounting theories and guidelines
- Working knowledge of inventory preferred
- General knowledge of South Dakota (SD) sales tax laws and experience preparing returns preferred
- Ability to perform basic and higher mathematical calculations
- Strong skills in performing data entry and word processing
- Ability to create and present reports, as well as correspondence regularly
- Efficient in solving problems and working with diverse variables
- Ability to work as a team player and promote a cooperative work atmosphere
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills, including spelling, grammar, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability in communicating with diverse groups of people both verbally and in writing without being misunderstood
- Ability and willingness to represent winery in the professional community.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 35 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Works closely with others inside an office. Work requires 2% of the time traveling by car. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times.
Benefits and Perks: Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401K Retirement Option, Aflac, Employee Discounts, Flexible Work Schedule.